- Necessary Endings – Dr Henry Cloud
- The 10X Rule – Grant Cardone
- How good do you want to be? – Nick Saban
- Quality Without Tears – Philip B. Crosby
- Sam Walton – Made in America
Presentation Outline for 9/28/2017 (Click here for PDF)
Thanks to the Alexander City Chamber of Commerce, The Alexander City School System, and the students that have their minds made up.
- The Four Absolutes of Quality Management
- Get Started Now
- Book Keeping
“Quality is free. What costs money are the unquality things – all the actions that involve not doing jobs right the first time”
Views on Quality
Business trilogy: plan, control, improve
Statistical; continual improvement
Meet/exceed customer needs
Fitness for use; freedom from trouble
Conformance to requirements
Four Absolutes of Quality Management
- The definition of quality is conformance to requirements, not goodness. (not subjective)
- Quality is achieved through prevention, not appraisal.
- The quality performance standard is zero defects, not acceptable quality levels.
- Quality is measured by the price of non-conformance, not indexes.
Process Model Worksheet
- All work is a process
- Personal processes
- Organization’s processes
- Requirements are “filters”
Working on Teams
- More knowledge and skills
- Better communication
- Different approaches to challenges (e.g. problems)
- Commitment of time and money
- Presence of “strong” personalities
- Imposing decisions without considering alternatives
- Not supporting team decisions
At the end of the day Somebody must own it…
Get Started Now
- Research but not too much.
- Use what you have.
- Listen to the inner voice.
- Be in the winners circle.
- Success in a journey – not a destination.
- Think BIG (water ladle principle)
- Keep very good records secure…
- Record everything.
- Names, dates, places, events, personal notes.
- Keep a personal budget.
- Have a hero
- Be a hero
- Don’t wait
The most important rule in business……